Marcfirst | Normal, IL
Your donation will allow us to continue providing services to over 800 children and adults in McLean County

Make more than a living. Make a difference in people's lives.

Marcfirst is seeking motivated, caring, competent individuals who are interested in making a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities.

Inspire children and adults with disabilities to live more independently through supervision of daily tasks, leisure activities, fun community outings and much more!

SPICE Child Developmental Therapist

If you have a passion for early childhood intervention and serving your community, this position is for you!

Every day is different in the world of Developmental Therapy, due to working with so many different children and families. As a full-time Developmental Therapist, you would work with children birth - 3 years of age in McLean County, who are developmentally delayed, at-risk for such, and/or diagnosed with a developmental disability.

This position is based in our early intervention program (SPICE - Services for Parent, Infant, & Child Education). You would provide these services in Natural Environments, such as a family’s home or daycare center.

You would spend 60% of your week directly with families; coaching parents is a portion of your work. You would also complete formal evaluations, developmental screenings, and attend relevant meetings to support families transitioning to school-based services. The other 40% of your week is spent in scheduling, preparing for therapy sessions, traveling to and from sessions, and collaborating with other professionals.

What we require:

  • A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following areas of study: Early Childhood, Special Education, Elementary Education, or Childhood Development. Per state requirements, we are unable to accept any other degree.
  • Pursing Developmental Credentialing or Temporary Status
  • Valid Illinois Drivers’ License with driving record in good standing
  • Current proof of auto insurance

What we can offer you:

  • Professional development and training opportunities
  • Supportive work environment
  • Vision discount through Bard Optical
  • Employee Assistance Program
  • 403(b) retirement plan
  • Health insurance and Flex Spending Account (FSA)
  • Dental insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Together, we can inspire and impact the lives of many.

    Applicants can apply through any of these three options:

    1. Complete the online application.
    2. Download the PDF and send it in.
    3. Stop by the Marcfirst office and fill application out in person.
    Apply Online!
    Career Application for Marcfirst

    Candidates interested in employment at Marcfirst can also apply by stopping by our offices located at 1606 Hunt Drive, Normal, IL and filling out an application, or by printing out and sending in the application (in PDF format) linked on this page. These forms serve as the application for all of our job openings.

    Downloadable Documents

    Application for Employment and Employment Reference Check (.pdf document -72kb)

    Employment applications require the free Acrobat Reader to view; if you do not have it, follow the link below to download a copy.

    Get Acrobat Reader

    Equal Opportunity Statement:

    Marcfirst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, veteran, ancestry, age, religion, disability, citizenship status or any other group protected by the law.